Due to limited public transportation options in the City of Worcester, AIDS Project Worcester, Inc. provides cab vouchers and single-use bus tickets to clients within Worcester city limits and surrounding towns to use for medical appointments.
The following guidelines apply to transportation services:
- Clients must be HIV positive.
- All necessary paperwork must be completed, including the Prescription for Transportation (PT-1) form from MassHealth.
- Cab vouchers and bus tickets are distributed the first Tuesday of each month on a first-come, first-served basis. Cab voucher and bus ticket amounts may vary month-to-month depending on the availability of transportation items.
- Clients must be at the agency to receive transportation items.
- Transportation items may be used for transportation to medical, dental, mental health and alternative therapy appointments.
- Clients must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner when transportation items are distributed and while accessing transportation.
- Transportation items are for client use only.
AIDS Project Worcester, Inc. reserves the right to suspend or terminate transportation services to clients who violate the transportation guidelines.